Friday, May 7, 2010

Oregon Youth State Cup Soccer

A Fun Event For All
By: Hunter Pinson 
This is the Oregon State Cup logo.
The Oregon State Cup soccer for youth ages has become not only a great competition for young competitors, but also a fun, relaxed occasion for all that attend. Whether that person is a player, coach, fan, referee or any other spectator, a good experience is had. The semifinals and onward of this soccer tournament, ages 10 through 18, are located at Tualatin Hills Park and Rec. (THPRD). The later rounds of the Oregon State Cup are held around late April and early May. This tournament is the official state tournament for classic youth soccer teams, boys and girls for the state of Oregon. It brings the best teams and talent to one stage in a winner takes all format. The winner of this prestigious tournament goes to regionals, which is a bigger tournament including many states. These regionals are held in various locations every year. Some locations have been Honolulu, Las Vegas, and southern California. “I just love to go watch, I’m too old to play, but it’s still fun. I still attend it (Oregon State Cup) every year.” Says an anonyms source. “It’s a fun event for my team…and it’s intense.” Says an anonyms player. All of my family attend whether they can play or not and they love it too. I have competed in this tournament for four years and it has been exciting every year. I have also played the spectator role in this tournament for even longer than I’ve played and the thrill and excitement was still there too. The Oregon State Cup is a great occasion for the players, but also to the spectators of the event. Although all but one of the teams in each age group do not reach their goal, a fantastic experience is had by all. I for one am a huge fan for this tournament and I encourage all to attend this great occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment