Friday, June 4, 2010

Stoller alumn a future star?


Alana Raye is on her way to stardom
Just two years ago, Alana Ranes (Raye) was sitting in class here at Stoller Middle School. Little did we all know that she had an amazing talent. Alana has been singing ever since she could talk. She picked up the guitar at age ten, she took lessons for about two years, and now just plays freely. “It’s a funny story” said Alana on why she started playing the guitar, “I watched the “School Of Rock” and had a major crush on the little guitar player boy. So I really wanted to learn to play like him. Ever since, I’ve just been playing and I love it.”
Alana made her first youtube apperance during the summer of eighth grade. Over the past few years Alana’s youtube videos have caught attention of many youtube viewers. Her nine videos on youtube have received a total of over 17,000 views. Along with her amazing voice, Alana writes her own music. She wrote her first full song when she was eleven years old. 
Alana released her first demo CD in March of this year. I asked Alana if she had ever thought about auditioning for the show American idol, “I have thought about it.” Alana was too young to audition last season, but by next season she will have reached the minimum age limit of 16, “so maybe next season” said Alana. 
Alana Raye is a sophmore at Sunset High school where she is also a varsity cheerleader. “I think there are some people who really have seen me grow as a person and musician and suddenly have started to want to talk and be friends with me because of it.” said Alana when I asked if she is treated any different by her peers because of her recent success, “But I really am the same Alana I was a year ago and i’ve learned who are my true friends and those are the ones you want to always stick with." 
Alana Raye is a rising-star with plenty of talent to reach her goals. But for now we’ll just cross our fingers and hope to see Alana Raye turn into a star right in front of our eyes.


To listen to Alana's music visit:
http://myspace.com/alanarayemusic


Or visit her website at:
http://alanarayemusic.com/index.html


By: Christy Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment