Friday, May 14, 2010

GUM


Why can students not chew the gum in school?

 

         Most students in the school think that we should be allowed to chew gum in school. A student I interviewed said they think students should be able to chew it because it helps concentration. But they also believe that if we where allowed to chew gum in school there should be rules that are set. They think that there should be more trash cans in rooms so its more convenient for kids to through it away. They believe that when your not allowed chewing gum you stick it places.  I agree with this, although there are some classes where the gum rule isn't as strict and there is still a lot of gum under tables and chairs, maybe even more. So if student where allowed to chew gum I think that there should be some rules and if we stick it under tables we wont be able to chew it anymore. I think that gum is good because I know that it helps me concentrate more, and its less distracting then taping a pencil or talking. Some people that where interviewed also said that if we were able to chew gum students wouldn’t be as hungry and be impatient to go to lunch. I do understand that teachers don’t like it in their carpet under the tables and kids chewing it loudly and popping it so it's understandable why we can not chew gum. So in the end in my opinion I think that students should be able to chew the gum in school but have rules set to make sure we don’t make the classroom messy and loud.

 

 

                                                BY: Andrew Terhune

No comments:

Post a Comment