Friday, May 21, 2010

Teens are spending too much time on media.


Teens are spending too much time on media.
Obesity is increasing rapidly in teens, could it be because of too much media?
Teens are mostly on media each and every day, but are they getting enough exercise for their bodies? Teens are supposed to get a certain amount of exercise a day. If not, then they are not as active as an average teen.  This is becoming a problem that young teens are getting overweight and not doing anything about it. Plus, teen’s excuses are that they are just too “lazy”. Laziness is the reason why some teens are getting not much exercise they need.  Also, video games are another reason why teens are getting overweight, and teens should be limiting the usage of playing time. They should be going outside and being active, running, playing, and having fun in the sun. While the sun, is giving them Vitamin D, which helps the children to grow strong bones and teethes. I interviewed many verities of Red eighth students, asking them if they are playing a sport right now, and if they were playing a sport when they were younger.  I received the same answers when they spoke to me, which was “Yes, I am playing a sport, and I was playing a sport when I was younger.” The sports they told me were basically softball, soccer, football, basketball, and baseball.  Which all the sports they said, has to do with running constantly, more actively and intense, and other sports wouldn’t have the same thing, such as, volleyball, cheerleading, swimming, etc. I also asked the teens on a scale of one through ten, how active do you think you are? I got different verities of answers on that question, such as one girl said “Ten, because I play a sport every Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.” Next, another girl said “Nine, because I’m pretty active.” Lastly, a guy said “Four, because I only play a sport one time a week.” Well according to the data I got, mostly girls are usually more active than guys. On the other hand, I also interviewed a parent, on what they think about overweight young teens. The parent was shaking her leg constantly and playing with her hangs, and then she began to say “I think that young teens should care about their body, expectantly young girls growing up to become mature ladies. According to the surveys students answered, some teens are active than other teens.
Written By: Sierra Ung

No comments:

Post a Comment