Sunday, May 2, 2010

Westview Youth Lacrosse

Ian Blackburn


Media lit P.1

5/1/10

Is lacrosse becoming a major sport?

Some Westview youth lacrosse players are talking about how this lacrosse season is going. Most players say that they are having a pretty good season but some players from Westview youth are saying that this season is not their best. There are 150 Westview youth lacrosse players. Out of that 150, 100 are brand new to this sport. Billy Barnes has played lacrosse for quite a while now and he says that this team is “garbage and thinks that this team will not win the rest of their games”. I have also talked with a parent and a coach of one of Westviews lacrosse players. I asked him what he thinks of this lacrosse season his response is that he thinks that “its pretty amazing starting out with most of the players brand new and starting to win games”. He says that because “any organization starting out is going to have a rough time being organized but as a team we haven’t had any major hiccups yet”. He also said that “I hope we can win all of the games, we are playing a lot of organized teams that have been doing this for several years”. I also asked him how much has this team improved from the start of the season. He said that “this team improved by leaps and bounds more than I ever imagined. I am also a Westview youth lacrosse player and I personally think that our team is ok. It’s not one of the stronger teams out there but it is doing pretty amazing to think that most of the players on the team are new to this sport and they are doing pretty well. I say that because like what coach said that “any organization is going to have rough time…” but with this team it’s going pretty well. I would love for us to win the rest of our games but is that realistic? No, I honestly don’t think that will happen but that’s only what I think. We have improved since the beginning of the season. At the beginning all of the new players didn’t even know how to pass or catch. Now they can catch and pass and you can really tell the difference from the beginning to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment